Order Food Scrap Bags
Food scrap bags Images
These food scrap bags are required to participate in the program. Other compostable bags will not be identified in the sorting process.
To use, collect your food scraps in the food scrap bag. Once a week, or when the bag is full, tie the bag shut with a knot (like you would a balloon). Place the food scrap bag inside your trash cart or dumpster for collection.
Quantity: 60 bags
- BPI-certified, 100% compostable food scrap bags.
- Designed with thicker and more durable material specifically for the food scraps pickup program.
- Households get 60 free bags. It is recommended that you change food scrap bags about once a week. This supply should last you about a year.
- In testing, the 6-gallon was the preferred size for most households.
- Larger households and those that cook at home frequently may prefer the larger, 13-gallon bags.
- See examples of home set up and collection tips.